Copy editing services: Basic proofing
Modified on: Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 8:44 PM
Copy Editing Services
- Content is extracted as XML from the original EPUB
- Content is converted to WORD and proofing is completed
Client step: Proofed text is reviewed and approved
- Approved text is merged back into the EPUB file
Client step: EPUB file with corrected text is reviewed (chapter, paragraph, TOC structure, images and other formatting is NOT altered, the EPUB file should look the same as it originally did)
Client step: Special instructions are noted for EPUB to Print conversion in our "SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: EPUB to Print file conversion" form, see file: eBookFORM.docx
- InDesign typesetting template is populated: The EPUB file's content (text) and formatting (XML, HTML) is matched and merged into the InDesign typesetting template.
- InDesign file of the full book is reviewed and compiled or adjusted as needed according to what has been instructed by the publisher in the file: eBookFORM.docx
- Print PDF of the full book is created: InDesign file is exported to PDF for print
Client step: PDF for print is reviewed and approved for distribution (any newly requested changes at this point will be alterations and an additional copy editing fee will be required, typically a $20 fee depending on how many changes are requested)
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.