Marketing Your Print Titles
It is highly recommended that you solicit trade reviews for your titles.
Below are several well-regarded review publications with links to their acceptance criteria and timelines.
- Publisher's Weekly
- Kirkus Reviews "Reviews" , 770 Broadway, NYC, NY 10003. Kirkus Discoveries is a paid-for review service (www.kirkusdiscoveries.com). Read your Frugal Book Promoter (find "review" entries in the index) before you pay nearly $500 for a review even from a reputable journal like this. They have a journalistically sound way to get reviews, just plain "Kirkus Reviews." Send TWO books or galleys.
- School Library Journal
- New York Book Review
- Paris Review
- Entertainment Weekly
- Romantic Times
- Los Angeles Times
- Wall Street Journal
- San Francisco Book Review
- Book Page, www.bookpage.com . 2143 Belcourt Ave., Nashville, TN 37212.
- Booklist, American Library XE "Library" Assoc., 50 E. Huron St., Chicago, IL 60611, www.ala.org/booklist. Toll Free 1-800-545-2433 Include Publication Slip.
- Entertainment Weekly Magazine, 1675 Broadway Fl 29, New York, NY 10019-5820.
- Library "Library" Journal, (http://www.libraryjournal.com)360 Park Avenue South, New York, New York 10010. Must follow up your mail with a confirming e-mail.
- New York Times Book Review, 229 W. 43rd St., NY, NY 10036, www.nytimes.com.
- Los Angeles Times Book Review, Times Mirror Square, LA, CA 90053, www.latimes.com.
- Chicago Tribune Books, 435 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611, http://chicagotribune.com.
- American Book Review, Illinois State Univ., Campus Box 4241, Normal, IL 61790. http://www.litline.org/ABR/ . Probably best for poetry, literary work and/or Illinois authors.
- Small Press Review, PO Box 100, Paradise, CA 95967, www.dustbooks.com. Poetry and fiction only.
- Publishers Weekly, (www.publishersweekly.com). Publishers Weekly, (Your Genre Here) 71 W 23rd St #1608, New York, NY 1001Submissions of two copies must be sent three months—preferably four—prior to the 1st day of the month of publication. Submit two copies of your title. Submissions of a single copy will not be considered.
- Amazon.com, Editorial, 520 Pike St., Suite 1800, Seattle, WA 98101. You can also search out their major Vine Reviewers for queries. Carefully choose those who review books in your title's genre.
- Wired, 520 Third St., Suite 305, San Francisco, CA 94107
- Cambridge Book Review (http://cambridgebookreview.com) Bob Wake, Ed., Box 222, Cambridge, Wisconsin.
- The book or arts and entertainment section of your nearest metropolitan newspaper.