I’m setting up some on sale dates for my next title. Considering when book buyers have budgets and good months to list and sell, what are the best dates to launch new books?
There are a few options to consider, depending on the particular title:
- April and October are the big months. Though the higher volume means the buyers have higher budgets, it does also mean stiffer competition.
- January and February are slow. However, there’s less competition because of that.
- March and June through August are good sweet spots.
- May and September are more or less neutral.
- Skip November and December, except in holiday-related cases.
- Books that have seasonal tie-ins or are centered around events or anniversaries need to come out a few months ahead of said events.